Tuesday, January 30, 2007

This Blog is Still Looking for its Voice


I love that my wife and I are doing this blog together. It's nice to be a part of a community that is so kind and encouraging. These two bodies are not perfect but that doesn't mean that they are not beautiful. And this community of HNTers is a group that gets that. Busy schedules keep us from the time together that most couples would like, but I feel like if we just keep working at life, we'll get to the part where we get to relax and be together more. Daily life struggles can be tough, but like the candidate says, we're "in it to win it." The symbols around our fingers signify that it's all worth the work.

As for this blog, I want it to be about more than pictures. We look forward to HNT each week and it will probably be the highlight for us each Wednesday night when it comes time for posting, but I'm still trying to figure out what to fill it with on those six other days. She'll have her posts and I'll have mine. Will we use this space to bitch about work? Will we vent about those personal things we don't want our families to read? Will we be even braver and write about our sexual intimacies? Time will tell.

Until then, we'll keep loving being a part of this. Happy HNT to everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful just working at life, you’ll miss it. Take the time to enjoy it as you go, responsibly of course, but enjoy every minute possible!

Blogland is so wonderful, almost theripudic, as it affords us the opportunity bitch and vent but also the medium to celebrate life, in all its forms in a fairly safe environment. Just let it flow, do not fear those who judge as it is jealousy masked.

As the community has embraced you, allow us, allow yourself, to experience this time to it’s fullest!

Just my 2 sense.

S said...

My husband and I have a great time doing HNTS together...I told Os it was like the HNT marriage counseling class!
Ive lost 35 pounds since starting HNT 16 months ago....and we like to joke that its the HNT diet....
Come check us out...we have separate blogs, but our HNTS connect!

HHNT and have fun!